ASEAN Energy Management and Accreditation System (AEMAS)
ASEAN Energy Management and Accreditation System (AEMAS) is a standardised regional training and certification mechanism for ASEAN Energy Managers, combining theoretical lessons, exercises, personal learning and energy practices that will increase their knowledge and skills to formulate and implement a sustainable energy management system within their companies.
Any candidate who qualifies for accreditation must attend and complete minimum training requirements as defined below:
- Training on the Recommended Code of Practice for Energy Managers
- Training on Sustainable Energy Management
- Test at the end of the training- Professional Assessment (Theoretical + Practical Test-EMST)
The certified energy manager must be a senior manager, who will have a technical team to design and implement energy management measures in the context of a sustainable energy management system that must be incorporated in the company’s corporate policy
- Bachelor of degree or higher in any field: – Has experience of working in factories and/or buildings for at least 5 years; and – Has also an experience of working in a supervisory and/or managerial role for at least 2 years.
- Or higher vocational certification or higher with: – A working experience in factories and/or buildings for at least 7 years and – A working experience in a supervisory and/or managerial role for at least 4 years.