The Technical Officer (TO) shall assist the Manager in handling all aspects of the studies and activities and related works of the PFS Department on power, fossil fuel, alternative energy and energy storage.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of the APAEC Annual Milestones.
- Support the development and implementation of the PFS’s related projects and activities on power, alternative energy and storage.
- Support in the communication and collaboration with external parties such as dialogue partners, international organisations, academia, and the private sector.
- Support in organising and facilitating meetings, dialogue, seminars, workshops, and other designed events to facilitate the exchange of information, promote cooperation, etc.
- Carry out other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor or Executive Director.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, energy management, energy policy and planning, economics, data analysis/statistician, public policy or another appropriate specialist discipline. A Master’s degree is an advantage.
- An excellent research experience on energy systems reflected in an established record of publications in leading international peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of renowned conferences is an advantage.
- Knowledge of hydrogen, oil and gas development, is preferred.