The ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE) Internship Programme offers a small number of outstanding students the opportunity to acquire work experience with ACE under ASEAN Climate Change and Energy Project Phase II (ACCEPT II).
ASEAN Climate Change and Energy Project Phase II (ACCEPT II) is a four-year joint project that will help move ASEAN’s energy transition to low carbon energy systems and thereby contribute toward global carbon neutrality in the coming years (Impact).
Under the general guidance of ACCEPT II staff, the intern will support ACCEPT II Project research and cooperation activities. This will include but not limited to:
- Support the development of communications guideline for ACCEPT II
- Support the management of ACCEPT II’s digital platforms (Website, social media: Twitter, Instagram).
- Support the organisation of pre and post events (workshops, seminars, conference, business forums, etc.) organised by ACCEPT II.
- Disseminate information and support the internal communication among colleagues.
- Develop the weekly newsletters or related information through email marketing.
- Support to the creation of publications and contents for website or other media, e.g., Reports, Policy Briefs, Op-Eds, blog posts, etc.
- Pitch ACCEPT op-eds to media outlets in the region.
- Support other activities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree in communication, public relation, energy, marketing, international relations, journalism, business, media studies, marketing or another relevant field.
- Be third year or last year student or a fresh graduate degree but must commence the internship within 6 months period after graduation.
- Good computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite, WordPress and other related software. Any other computer or related software skill is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- An experience in writing articles (mainly in the energy sector) would be an advantage.
- Tech savvy and updates with the social media trends.
- Professional work experience is not required, however, any exposure or involvement in energy and climate sector is a plus.
- Strong willingness to learn about energy and climate sector.
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to a diverse working environment.
The internship will be conducted on a hybrid basis, The intern may work on virtual, but it is required to work in the office as needed. However, he/she must be able to commit with ACE’s normal office hours: 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM Jakarta Time (GMT+7).
The internship duration is 6 months; and it is expected to be started in October 2023 (expected).
The intern is entitled to an internship allowance of IDR 100,000 per effective working day to cover their daily meal and transport.
To apply for an internship, the following documents should be submitted to the following link:
- A letter of interest and the proposed internship period for 6 months (October 2023 – March 2024).
- ACE Internship Application Form (available at ACE website).
- A recent Curriculum Vitae.
- Proof of university enrolment.