The ASEAN Centre for Energy is looking for a professional technical expert or consultant for the Study on Measures and Investment for Clean Energy and Power Sector Resilience in ASEAN. This study aims to assess the short-term measures and mobilising longer-term investments in clean energy and power sector resilience in ASEAN to reinforce ASEAN energy security. The research demonstrates the positive role of clean energies and power sector infrastructure resilience in the ASEAN energy transition, including grid infrastructure, energy storage, and digitalisation. This topic will also allow exploring more mutually beneficial cooperation opportunities with international stakeholders.
Meet the following requirements to apply:
- A Master’s degree in engineering, energy policy and planning, energy economics, or another appropriate specialist discipline. A Ph.D. degree is an advantage.
- At least five (5) years of working experience in the energy sector or in another relevant field in a technical capacity is preferred. Experience in energy policy and energy economics research is an advantage.
- Experienced in conducting FGD to gather primary data needed for the study.
- Experienced in ASEAN energy-related official discussions is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and capacity to write high-quality reports in the language; ability to deliver high-quality workshops and discussions in English is also required.
- Capacity and flexibility to complete the assignment within the required time frame.
Scope of work:
- To assist the lead officer of the study in conducting a hybrid event of the ASEAN-China International Workshop on Low Carbon Energy Investment (e.g. Presenting as one of the speakers, developing key findings and policy notes, etc).
- To assist the lead officer of the study in conducting two online Focus Group Discussions (FGDs), online surveys, literature review, and interviews with relevant stakeholders for data gathering (e.g. Mapping stakeholders, preparing the FGDs, surveys, and interviews materials, leading the FGDs and interviews session, etc).
- To develop the ASEAN Capacity Building Roadmap on Energy Investment.
- To develop a strategic report, international journals/papers, policy briefs, popular articles, etc.
The Consultant awarded with the assignment will be hired from 1 September 2022 until 31 May 2023 and obliged to work within the required deadlines and be available for a call if needed.
Consultant fee: For the satisfactory performance of the Assignment, the Consultant will be paid a fixed fee of a maximum of USD 20,000 (Twenty Thousands Dollars).
Submission of the application: You may apply by sending your proposal to [email protected] and [email protected] on or before 15 August 2022. Please indicate the subject heading: Application for Technical Expert of Measures and Investments for Clean Energy and Power Sector Resilience in ASEAN.