The Role of Academia in Shaping the Energy Transition in ASEAN
Given the importance of energy-climate issues in ASEAN, and the need for interdisciplinary research, the ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE) and the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI) through their joint ASEAN Climate Change and Energy Project (ACCEPT) established a new group of scholars, analysts, researchers, students, and other stakeholders organized around the themes of energy and/or climate. It is called the “ASEAN Researchers Network on Energy and Climate Change,” or ARNECC.
Celebrating the first anniversary of the ARNECC on February 2021, a public webinar is held to discuss the role of academia in shaping the policy for climate-friendly energy transition in ASEAN.
To publicly disseminate the information about the ASEAN Researchers Network on Energy and Climate Change (ARNECC) and to further discuss the ideas on how academics can better convey their studies and inputs to support the development of energy and climate policies at national and regional level.
- Profile of the ASEAN Researchers Network on Energy and Climate Change (ARNECC) and its role in promoting the interdisciplinary research and studies on energy and climate changes in ASEAN.
- Insights on the contemporary research by the universities that contributing to the discussion on energy and climate policies in the region.
- Discussion on the enhancing the role of academia in shaping the policy discussion on energy and climate change in ASEAN.
- The Role of University in Shaping the Policy in the Energy Transition
Prof. Bundhit Eua-arporn, Ph.D., President Chulalongkorn University
- Dr. Worajit Setthapun, Dean, Asian Development College for Community Economy and Technology, Chiang Mai Rajabhat University
- Dr. Thang Nam Do, Research Fellow, College of Asia & the Pacific, Australian National University
- Prof. Ir. Dr. Haslenda Hashim, Chair Resource Sustainability Research Alliance, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Dr. Zulfikar Yurnaidi, Senior Officer, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department, ASEAN Centre for Energy
Register here for free.