In 2023, the ASEAN-GTR was held by touring from Jakarta to Bali, with a total distance of around 1,250 km. For the following year, ASEAN-GTR 2024 will be held towards the 42nd ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting (AMEM) and its Associated Meetings in Lao PDR. Below is the tentative schedule and arrangement of the ASEAN-GTR 2023:
- Date of the Event: August – October 2024 (TBC, following the schedule of AMEM-42)
- Location: Southeast Asia
- Arrangement: Physical Event
The rally will include the following activities:
- Rally convoy of vehicles in route:
- Indonesia – Singapore and/or Malaysia – Thailand – Lao PDR
- Starting line procession in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Finishing line procession during ASEAN Energy Business Forum (AEBF) 2024 opening day and to be inaugurated by government officials from Ministries of Energy of 10 ASEAN countries.
- Exhibitions during AEBF 2024.
- Talk Show in Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand.
In this regard, ACE is pleased to invite interested event organisers to join the Aanwijzing session and send us the Offering Proposal to co-organise the next ASEAN Green Transport Rally 2024.
The Aanwijzing session will be conducted tentatively on 23 October 2023 to brief the interested event organisers on the general terms of reference.
To join the session, please register through http://go.aseanenergy.org/AanwijzingGTR24 on or before 22 October 2023.
General Scope of Works
The appointed event organiser is expected to support ACE and Host Country and be responsible for some technical and financial matters of ASEAN GTR 2024. Below are the expected responsibilities of the appointed event organiser:
A. Technical Aspect
The appointed event organiser is expected to develop, coordinate, and implement the following technical roles according to each component of ASEAN-GTR:
- Designing and preparing the detailed programme of the rally convoy, including the routes, developing agenda, sourcing vehicles, arrangement during the rally, licence and permits for cross-border vehicle movement, etc.
- Sourcing vehicles in various types:
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) with maximum biofuel intake.
- Electric Vehicle (EV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
- Hydrogen-fuelled Vehicle
- Under supervision of ACE, responsible for offline and online management of the procession ceremony, such as organisation of ceremony, registration, visitor information services, event catalogues, contractors (Ex. catering, security, cleaning, audio, etc.), staffs, directional signs and hall decoration, protocol and social function, visitors traffic management, etc.
- Identifying and inviting master of ceremony, delegates, guests, and other relevant stakeholders, in coordination with ACE.
- Designing and preparing exhibition design and arrangement, including identifying the potential exhibitors.
- Under supervision of ACE, responsible for offline and online management of the exhibition, such as organisation of exhibition, registration, visitor information services, event catalogues, contractors (Ex. catering, security, cleaning, audio, etc.), staffs, directional signs and hall decoration, protocol and social function, demolition/recycling reusing the exhibition components, exhibitor and visitors traffic management etc.
- Talk Show
- Designing and preparing the detailed programme of the Talk Show during the rally, including the design programme, developing agenda, sourcing international and reputable speakers, selection of topics, etc.
- Under the supervision of ACE, responsible for offline and online management of the Talk Show, such as organisation of the talk show, registration, visitor information services, contractors (e.g.. catering, security, cleaning, audio, etc.), staff, directional signs and hall decoration, protocol and social function, etc. (including the online platform arrangement and mechanism, if necessary)
- Identifying and inviting speakers, moderators, master of ceremony, delegates, guests, and other relevant stakeholders in coordination with ACE.
- Sponsorship, Marketing and Public Relations
- Finding and engaging with potential sponsors and delegates/participants for the event. (bonus/incentive arrangement will be discussed further)
- Identifying and developing sponsorship packages and strategies.
- Developing marketing and promotion strategies, including engagement with media partners.
- Developing all promotional activities and materials in various digital channels such as website and social media, as deemed appropriate and necessary, in coordination with ACE.
- Managing the public relations activities and materials for press, including pre-departure press conference and press releases for pre, during, and post-event.
- Managing the arrangement of possible ASEAN GTR side event(s).
- Documentation of the whole event (photos and videos)
- Provide post-event technical and financial reports, including the list of attendance, proceedings, summary, and key recommendations of the rally and exhibition sessions, in coordination with ACE.
- Developing and circulating the thank-you letter to all participating vehicles, speakers, moderators, sponsors, and exhibitors.
B. Financial Aspect
- Identify and support calculating estimated expenditures and revenue targets for the ASEAN-GTR 2024 organisation.
- Develop the strategic sponsorship and exhibition proposal/packages for ASEAN-GTR 2024.
A more detailed explanation will be presented during the Aanwijzing session.
Submission of Proposal
Interested event organisers are requested to submit a comprehensive proposal, consisting of these following components:
- Technical Proposal, to include:
- Understanding of the assignment
- Summary of the strategy for delivering the assignment
- Detailed design and strategic plans for each element of the ASEAN-GTR, including tentative agenda programme.
- Information of the proponents, including the company profile, relevant experiences, manpower capability, financial capability, or other relevant information.
- Financial Proposal, to include:
- Expected expenses of the event
- Expected funding arrangement (i.e.: 100% of capital cost will be covered by EO, with percentage of profit sharing between EO and ACE)
- List of Potential Sponsors – based on the EO’s network (as part of proposed sponsorship strategy)
The proposal should be submitted to [email protected] on or before 10 November 2023